Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Geek Looks: julep maven september polishs


So a few weeks ago, I wrote about how I got the Julep Maven pack for September for 1 cent! And I said that I will write up a full review on the products once I get a chance to try them.

Well today I finally got a chance to try the white polish, so now I think I can give a fair review on the two products.

ROSE
classic with a twist
juicy watermelon red creme

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I really liked this polish a lot. The colour was a beautiful shade that looked sweet and sexy all at once, and it really stood out when I was wearing it. I actually liked it so much that I kept it on for a whole week!

I was also impressed with how smoothly the polish went onto my nails. No weird clumps, even application and it dried SO FAST. 

The quick dry was what impressed me the most in fact, as I'm a generally impatient person (and generally don't have much time to myself to treat my body) and hate it when a polish can take up to 10 minutes to dry.

So the fact I was able to apply it and soon after was able to wash my dishes without any damage to my nails was a huge plus in my eyes.

So why only 4 stars? I liked the colour but I wasn't crazy about it. And my wardrobe really doesn't have much to match that vibrant red in any kind of classy way.


KATE
classic with a twist
soft, white pearl

Rating: 1 out of 5

This one was a disappointment in my eyes.

I understand how difficult it is to wear a white nail polish but it went on so streaky and so grossly thick that in the end, I felt like I was putting White-Out on my fingernails rather than nail polish!

It was to the point that in order to get a flat and even finish on my nails I had a thick layer of nail polish on my nails, which I very much disliked.

The colour itself was meh. It didn't really match my skin colour and actually looked quite awful against my skin. So much so that right after I took the picture, I took it off my hand as fast as possible. I just did not like it at all.

Therefore, the rating. The colour wasn't any good, the application sucked and it felt bad. The only good thing to come out of the polish is that it dried fast, which I took as a small blessing.

I wouldn't wear this alone, maybe as a base or an accent in the future. But not as a stand-alone polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment