Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Stylize: long weekend wardrobe

Happy Belated Canada Day everyone!

Canada Day weekend is one of my favourite holidays of the year. I remember it always having wonderful weather, great events and of course... NHL free agency and fireworks!

Oh, and the Euro Cup Finals.

I usually celebrate it by decking myself out in red, but not this year.

Why? Because I don't have red clothing that really is all that work appropriate.

Yes, I worked. Yes, even on my beloved home and native land's birthday, I work. Thus is the industry and the dream that I am striving towards and am employed in. Because there is no such thing as a holiday in my world.

I wore the nerd's uniform: brown slacks and a light blue button up. Work appropriate for sure, but neither weather appropriate nor Canada Day appropriate. Or Euro Cup appropriate.

Really appropriate for nothing but working at generic white-collared workplaces across the globe.

But still, it was the long weekend and in celebration of the great weather we had throughout, here be an outfit in which to enjoy life in.

Really this is me showing off the brand-new shirt I got last Friday - a sheer, lightly tan-coloured button-up sleeveless top from H&M!

I kinda splurged on it, but in the end, I feel it was worth it. I've been looking for this kind of shirt for at least two months. I missed out on a chance in May to get something a little more white in a similar style but I hesitated and by the time I resolved to get it, it was already gone. And I've regretted it ever since. 

I don't really have a fancy enough bra in which to wear beneath it, so a camisole from the Gap's 2011 Winter Collection was worn beneath, therefore masking its sheerness in the shot. The green shorts were worn but not well shown in my last post, but is from Bluenotes, and the brown belt was something I found at Ardene as was the (not pictured) vintage looking collar necklace I wore.

On me feet, I would have preferred to have worn a style of brown gladiator sandals to finish the look, but as they are well down on my "want to buy" list and I haven't yet resolved on splurge on a pair (my feet are tiny and it is near impossible for me to buy shoes. But that's another tale to tell) comfy flip-flops sufficed.

No comments:

Post a Comment