Monday, August 27, 2012

FANeXpo 2012: highlights from day 4


After three days of events and nerdisms galore, we are finally on the fourth and final day of this year's FANeXpo!

On this day, my convention started relatively early, as there was a panel at 11AM that I wished to attend for somewhat educational purposes called "The Space Insider: An In-Depth Look at Space Programming" hosted by Ted from InnerSpace. It was a lightly attended panel, as you can see below...


... and it wasn't quite what I expected, but I still enjoyed it. I got to hear about what new shows they were planning on creating into the next year and hear the creators and producers talk about their shows. And I found it to be humourous, light-hearted and in the end, a fairly intimate panel in the end.



These are the kind of panels that you are meant to be at and enjoy at these conventions, unlike the huge conference rooms for the likes of John Barrowman and Christopher Lloyd. This was simple, and was a close-knit environment of enthusiasts listening to the experts talk and reveal industry secrets and stories. It was vastly entertaining and I thought one of the highlights of my weekend.

The panel lasted one hour, to which I made a quick tour around the fan community booths, including the 501st Legion (Star Wars)...


... as well as the Ghostbusters of Ontario...


... before meeting up with some friends for food.

While the con was nowhere near as busy as the Saturday, I found the dealer's room was still extremely busy on Sunday what with all the last minute deals. So after making some final purchases (I got a Doctor Who t-shirt) we went up to the gaming room hosted by Snakes and Lattes to play two rounds of Catan to finish off our convention weekend.


As far as conventions go, this was far from one of the best I've ever been to. In fact, it probably ranks as one of my most disappointing. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it and I got to rock my costume with it too. In fact, on my way to the panel that morning, I got caught. And so... 


I really do like that picture, even without my partner in crime who was dressed as Zabuza. And in some ways, that and the gaming was my weekend!

And here is the final cosplay post for the event. Click here to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment