Friday, August 17, 2012

Geek Toys: clocky and tocky


Do you have a trouble waking up for those early morning classes? Are you someone that constantly hits the snooze button in an attempt for the extra "five minutes"?

Meet Clocky and Tocky. The super amazing alarm clock that runs away from you and forces you to catch it while it beeps and sings!




Also known as the Nanda Home Clocky Moving Alarm, this cute, rambunctious clock is perfect for the night owls and students of the world. It comes in a variety of different colours to suit every students needs from magenta to pink to aqua to black and can be found on Amazon and other suppliers online. It costs a very affordable $38.99 CDN, so it doesn't even come close to breaking the proverbial student bank!

There is one downfall, and that is the size of the clock. It is on the large side as far as clocks are concerned, with dimensions measuring in at 13.3 x 8.9 cm which for the normal student living in cramped quarter, is not the most helpful. It is also a bit heavy too, weighing in at half a pound.

Which is why you can also get the Tocky, it's smaller, rounder and bounces around when you hit the snooze button. It is more expensive (it costs $69.99 CDN) which is a bit on the pricey side for a student living on Ramen for a simple alarm clock. It does have more functionality than the Clocky in that rather than just beeps, giggles and swirls it also plays MP3s and can record a voice as well. 


I have seen these around and always thought the wheels were some fancy design that didn't add anything to said clock. But finally while I was looking for an affordable digital clock as part of my bookcase renovation and display I decided to figure out exactly what this clock did and why it's called a "moving clock". 

And I couldn't help but fall in love with it. 

I hate mornings. And I freely admit that I'm no good with them.

I guess that's why I would pursue a career that sees me working mostly nights. 

But the career is not yet there and as a student still, I'm bound to the life of 8:30 AM days that means I'm up at 7AM at the latest. And what do I use to wake me up? My Blackberry alarm function.

And I am no stranger to the snooze button.

Which in a way, makes this little creature perfect for me going back to school and preparing for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment